Startup.com

Watching startup.com was a very interesting experience for me. I had heard about the documentary previously but I didn't know much about it going in so it was a shock to me when I saw how old it was. I thought the documentary was at least filmed 2010 at the earliest. In any case, it was a little hard to watch because of the film style, but I eventually go used to it. I have to say, it really took away the image I had in my head about startups. I pictured something more... glamorous. Everything seemed pretty dull and dreary and it was kind of off-putting. I mean I understand startups require a lot of work and so people are under stress, but they suffered from corporate espionage and their company eventually failed and they hardly had time to spare. 

Now, failure is another opportunity to learn. I believe even Andrew Fry mentioned that the failure of one of his companies sucked but it was a learning opportunity. However, I looked up Kaleil on Wikipedia and apparently he is in jail for fraud. I feel like he would have been better off just staying at Goldman Sachs instead of starting govWorks. I wonder if he feels the same.

I know that startup.com doesn't really depict everything that happens in a startup situation, but I feel like it depicted a lot of things that generally do happen in that kind of environment, and I'm not sure if I see myself in that kind of environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadrach White

Brian Forth

John Dimmer Visit