Erik Hanberg Presentation

I wasn't present for Erik's presentation last week, so I read through everyone's blogposts to find out what he talked about. I also looked him up to learn more about him. Suffice to say, I regret missing his presentation as it seemed like he talked about a lot of interesting things. One of the more interesting things I read about in everyone's blogposts were the graphs that Erik showed to explain the contrast between being an entrepreneur and working for someone in a steady job. On the one hand, the employee will probably experience steady growth but he will probably reach a ceiling. On the other hand, the entrepreneur will have a hard time building up his or her company but if they do, the sky is the limit.

Another thing that I really found interesting was how Erik had different sources of income. For example, he had his company Side x Side and he was also a published author. It made me realize that I could have a main source of income while also doing other things on the side which was an important realization. One of the blog posts I read made the point that a career in CS was pretty well paying, so it would be difficult to give it up and pursue something else I didn't really have to put all my time an effort into one idea and abandon a steady source of income.

Somewhere down the line, I also want to become a published author like Erik, so I wish I could have asked him how it felt to juggle writing along with everything else he does.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Shadrach White

Brian Forth

Mission and Vision Statement