3 business ideas

I had a harder time than I thought I would have while thinking about three business ideas. I think one of the biggest reasons for this was because of something we talked about in class last week: that is, the difference between a product and a feature. I had a bunch of ideas for an application, but I wasn't sure if they could be considered business ideas. This was the biggest issue I faced when thinking about my three business ideas. That being said, here are my three business ideas:


Campus Parking

This was an idea we had built a prototype for in a past class that I thought had a lot of potential. Basically, we found that campus parking was a huge issue, not only on UWT campus, but other college and university campuses in the area. This idea would improve the parking situation for students. Basically, its an app where students who are parked notify other students when they are about to leave, so students who are searching for a parking spot can take the spot of the student who is leaving. This way, students know when a spot near campus is about to open up so they can time themselves accordingly.

Teacher share

I'm pretty sure something like this already exists, but this idea would allow teachers, instructors, professors, at whatever academic level to share their lesson plans and lecture materials with other teachers. I envision a website that would require verification and would have shared materials organized by academic level (elementary school, college, etc), and would also allow teachers to post their own material. This would help teachers with lesson planning and ideas for student activities.


 Scan and Read software

Often my teachers would assign me reading homework often and whether I had to read chapters out of a textbook or novel, I sometimes found myself having difficulty keeping up with readings and I missed valuable information as a result. So I thought of developing something that would compile readings into an audio file so I could listen to it while driving, doing chores, or even at the gym. This would definitely lessen a student's workload and for those students who get lazy with readings, would improve their learning experience. This is something that students everywhere could benefit from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Brian Forth

Shadrach White

John Dimmer Visit